Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Cannot open iTunes on Mac


I am not the only one who could not open iTunes on Mac (MacBook Pro) after upgrading to Yosemite. But I have found a solution that worked. The above video gives clear cut steps to the solution. However I will just note a few differences I found on my system, in case you hit on the same differences on yours. In the video, (at approximately 1:30s into the video) he says to delete 2 files in the Preferences (folder), namely: com.apple.iTunes.plist and com.apple.iTunes.plist.lockfile On my system, I did not have the lockfile .  So I just deleted the first. Then when he recommends (at approximately 1:50s in) to go the the Apple icon >> Software Update >> (takes you to the App Store) I didn t have the Software Update.. option.  Rather I have the App Store .. which is what I clicked.
http://bit.ly/1J2HoZJ

No comments:

Post a Comment