Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WordPress Static Front Page vs Blog Posts


Static Front Page vs Blog Posts By default, WordPress will display blogs as the main (front/home/landing) page for your site.  The latest, most recent blog post will be at the top.  So what do you do if you want to have a static front page (sometimes called Splash page) as the main landing page and how do you then get to your (formerly default) reverse chronological blog posts? That is where we have to know difference between Static Front Page vs Blog Posts. I have been getting muddled doing some Googling on WP (WordPress) front-page, home page, index page, etc.  Obviously there seems to be more than one way to do this.  My example below is the simplest I can work out.  And it works for me. Static Front Page vs Blog Posts Aim: to have a static splash page as main landing page when someone types in my domain name.  To have a link that will take user to the (formerly default) reverse chronological list of blog posts. I am using my site ClearlyHelena.com as an example.  Before
http://bit.ly/1aITVSB

No comments:

Post a Comment