Pages

Monday, July 7, 2014

LaCie Drive, Mac Backup – Steps + Review


I just bought a Lacie external drive for my Mac backups. If you have or are going to get a Lacie external drive, or even something similar, this article might be of use to you. I will go through some of the precautions, tips, and steps to easily set up your (Lacie) external drive for performing automatic Mac Backups with the inbuilt (with your Mac) Apple Time Machine. What System and Devices I am Using? To be sure that this article is relevant to you, I am using Mac Book Pro, OS X (ver 10.9.3 as at today 6 July, 2014). My external hard drive is LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P 9223 USB 3.0 Mobile Hard Drive, just purchased from Apple online store. LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P 9223 USB 3.0 Mobile Hard Drive Important Preliminary Information Get a hard drive that is at least as big as the storage on your Mac. Preferably bigger. This ensures there is more than enough space to do effective backups. Do not throw away the packaging! Apparently you will need this if you ever need to return the devic
http://bit.ly/1slbGdw

No comments:

Post a Comment