Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Unexpected Activities: Genesis Rave, controversy, AutoResponder

Yesterday I had a rave about Genesis Framework and my child theme (currently Prose).  I wish I could say it was a mini rave as I originally intended.  But I found myself having so much to say.  In the end I had to take the whip out to restrain myself!

Today, without planing to, I jumped into the controversy over whether to open external links in new window or not.  That took a while as well.

Meanwhile, as a matter of personal history, the house has been racked with loud noises as we have the tilers here who are removing our upstairs bathroom tiles.  Not good.  Was heavily waterlogged because the previous owner (builder) had done a "shocking job".

Now I am about to plunge into another unplanned activity - getting an autoresponder (mail client).  The top names seem to be AWeber, Get Response, and MailChimp.

After reading some recommendations from Google but mostly from the trusted sources at Warrior Forum, I think I will be going with AWeber.

I shall continue with updates later today .....



Update and Answer: AWeber (for now). I have signed up for US$1 for the first month.  If I continue, it will be US$19 per month.

I chose AWeber because John Chow (one of my chosen Internet Gurus in my Blog Monetization Experiment uses it.  Also, Problogger.net uses AWeber (among many other big names of course!).  It is without doubt one of the most mentioned and recommended email sign-up/auto-responder providers around.  (I had a hard time choosing between AWeber and GetResponse).  I finally chose AWeber to start with because I can fully test-drive it for a month at only US$1.

You can have watch a little video to see what it is all about (aff link included).


Try AWeber's Autoresponders for $1

Anyway, there you go.  I will report back when I have more stats, feedback, and info on AWeber.




No comments:

Post a Comment