Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Week 37 In Review

Though it was much like pulling teeth, this week I have finally gotten back into some semblance of web work.  I have actually managed to make myself sit down in front of the computer and did some photo edits, copywrites, and listings.  Here are some of them; they were completed some weeks ago but had remained unseen and unshared in my "done" box.

Color Me Joyful Necklace

I really like this.  It offers both the elegance and sparkle of Swarovski crystal and CAB beads, crocheted with AAA Stardust brass (3um silver plated) beads.  That makes for a very flexible and drapable necklace.  And the experimentation of using that with custom made and embellished felt beads has ensured that there are now no longer unsightly gaps between the crochet rope and the adjoining item (whether it be a bead cap, a focal bead, or clasp).

More details available on Color Me Joyful necklace including many more pics and construction how-to notes.

Pink Green Sparkle Felt Pendant
Another piece I finished some time ago but could not get my butt in gear to photo and write up about it.


Very happy with the results of this.  I love the colors though I would never have mentally envisaged that these 2 colours would work so well together.  Very light.  Very dangly and moves with supreme ease.  And last but not least, very Swarovski crystal sparkly.

Details on this Pink Green Sparkle Felt pendant, including many more pic and how to notes available.


Sooty 2010 Birthday Jewelry Set
The following was specially made as a birthday present to my best friend.  More details and work tips can be found at Freeform Netted Ocean Treasures - the full necklace and earrings set.

Orchid Water Vase
These vases are so very pretty.  The top has an indent for tealight candles.  You lift that off, put in water, and put in your cut orchid.  And it looks fantastic!  

The set shown above was bought for Michelle Tan's birthday recently and so it has not water in it.  But it already looks good.

Only orchids are recommended; other flowers tend to decay, dirty the water, and stink.  Put 1-2 dropts of bleach into the water to keep it looking crystal clear.  Orchids can last up to 3 weeks in the vase.

Changing Work Space
I have been moaning for a while now that I have been having difficulty sitting down for extended periods to attend to web and computer admin work that I really need to get done.  One of the big (mental) hindrances is that lately I find I just want to sit in front of the telly (so that even at the peripheral, there is sound and "things happening") and do my work.  But because my computers have been set up in the office and despite having a laptop and wireless on the laptop, I still feel bound to the office - which is where I have not wanted to be (too claustrophobic and too "lonely"); hence have been putting off all my computer essential work.  To move the laptop (which is also connected to a larger monitor for graphics work) involved too much of a hassle as it meant moving and adjusting the wiring, plus having to synch data from laptop to desktop in the office ~ all proved too much of an effort to bother with.

Today, after putting in a few minutes of meditation (yes I know it always makes a difference to the day but I keep resisting this as well), I have moved things around so that the laptop is now in the living room.  I can sit and have background activities (i.e. telly on :) and I feel much better now about sitting down to do some work.  What a relief!!!

RAW Fluffy and Bridal (bracelet)


I have been sucked and seduced into the world of RAW (right angle weave).  I just love this bead weave.  It produces the most amazing beaded "material" that just literally demands to be used in an endless variety of ways.  This bracelet, started life of square pieces of RAW experimentation and then literally 'told' me it wanted to be scrunched and joined with fabric.  So here it is!
Check RAW Fluffy White Bridal bracelet for more pics and contruction notes.

There will be many more variations of RAW coming soon ....!








4 comments:

  1. Great new pieces, Hel buddy. Like you, I also like to do my work with the TV on. The background noise and image actually makes me concentrate better. People always wonder how I have time to do so much beading and watch so much TV as well, and that's why. Very nice vases too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caroline buddy, ... we are getting to know each other better via our blogs. I really like that! :) Thanks for dropping by buddy :D

    ReplyDelete