Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 35 in Review

My First "Real" Peyote Cuff Bracelet
I have played around with peyote before but always using economy larger seed beads (from size 8 to 6).  This is my first "real" one - using only size 11, Maria George's precision delicas.  And I must say ... I am quite happy with the whole thing - from my squiggle design, to the attachment of the clasp (which is surprisingly quite seamless), to the look and color of the whole thing.  Not sure when I will bother making another one of these.  It was just something I always wanted to have done ... and now I have.  Yeah!

I call this "Tendrils - Peyote Cuff Bracelet" in honour of the squiggles I made up using brush presets in Photoshop.





Bugle Dangle Earrings

These earrings were fun to make.  I had a design that I have been meaning to have a go at and then when I got felled by the vicious virus bug, these were part of my "medication".





Final note before publishing ...
OK ... I "lost" the week. Again.  I know we are now into Week 37 .. and this posting was for Week 35. And I am quite sure that I did other things I might have wanted to talk about here.  But for some reason, I have had a need to stay away from my formerly beloved computers .. and so lately I have had very little web outputs anywhere.

Thought I would post this anyway despite it all being a bit late.  Looking forward to acquiring some discipline again and finding the motivation that would make me want to talk and be with my computers again.  Till then, thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful (as usual!) Helena! Glad you tried Delicas ... it is magic the way they slot together. Next we must play with Tila beads (also by Miyuki). Love those earrings ... very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chantel, thanks for the comments. Yes, loving those nice fitting delicas :) They are like gold!

    ReplyDelete