Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Networked Blogs app on Facebook

I am still a newbie on Facebook (FB) and I must say that I need lots of sleep and a clear mind to be able to get my mind around lots of things on FB.  I was sure I must be getting .. dumb, dull, and aged but for the fact that there are other newbies who are feeling as lost as I am.  Phew. Thank goodness.

Much to my surprise, I am perservering.  I am learning things as I go along. Like what is a fanpage? What is an official page? Are they the same thing?  Should I open another FB account for my business, and many other basic questions.

I have been collecting these bits of knowledge and making short (but easy notes) in my About Facebook articles. Check it out if you think you would like some help but do not want lengthy detailed blahblah facts. :)

Yesterday and today I have been working my mind around this app on FB called Networked Blogs (NB).  What it does is, it is able to pull your bloggings (from one or more sites) and pull them into FB.  From there you can feed it onto your personal wall and also (if you choose) onto the wall of your (fan/official/business) page.  Very cool.  But is something that needs a little bit or reading and thinking.

So far, I have registered (i.e. fed) the following blog sites to NB to feed into my FB - some for my personal wall and some for my public (business page) wall.

  • ClearlyChosen - my Swarovski product library which includes detailed descriptions, pictures about Swarovski products.  Those pics especially are hard to find anywhere so check it out if you are in a Swarov mood.
  • JEM Library - a more generic site dealing with all things jewerly and jewelry making - from supplies to notes on materials and stones.  Also has a growing gallery of handmade jewelry, knitted and crocheted items, felting and more.  Lots of ideas and all free.
Ugh .. too tired now.  Another few more blog sites have been linked but too tired to write about it now.  Feed me time I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment